There is a lot of pain and sadness in this world.
Kind of a downer way to start a post about thankfulness, right? But it’s true. People that I know have been dealing with some really hard things in their lives lately; I almost feel insensitive to be acknowledging all of the ways my life has been blessed while knowing that truly wonderful people are hurting. However, I believe that God can and will heal and redeem these stages of their lives. I will continue to pray.
“You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy” – Psalm 30:11 NLT
Without further ado, here are things I have been thankful for recently:
1. An awesome week long visit with the Rabon side of our family. Rebekah had her Spring Break from Baylor and so we had the whole family together. These times are few and far between, so we are truly thankful to get to have them.
2. Rebekah designing me an awesome logo for my photography business! She’s going to put some final touches on it after showing me her initial design, so I can’t wait to put it to good use!
3. A great family birthday party for Matt while everyone was in town. It included an obscene amount of tacos, my birthday food of choice. They take a while to cook but I could literally eat tacos every single day.
4. Safe travels to and from Colorado for Mike, Marcie and Rebekah.
5. Jonathan’s love of music. He and I rather enjoy our time spent singing and dancing. He’s got pretty good rhythm (he does not get this from his mother)!
6. Some pretty gorgeous Spring-like days. Jonathan and I spent some time outside last weekend and it was glorious. I’m looking forward to parks and picnics with my little man.
Start ’em young.
7. My hilarious husband. He makes me smile and laugh so much.
8. Trying new food with great friends. My first time having Daal Bhat was definitely a success. Jonathan also loved naan dipped in yogurt sauce. All the way up his forearm.
9. The new pregnancies that have been announced for our friends. I am so excited for these friends to welcome a new little person into their lives. There’s nothing like being a parent, so I can’t contain my joy at the thought of people I love getting to experience it for themselves.
10. Jonathan giving me kisses before bed each night. It seriously makes me never want to put him down (and I’m pretty sure he knows this so he uses it to his advantage).
11. Jonathan’s face. I’m sorry but I just can’t get enough of his little expressions and sweet smiles. He even sleeps cutely. Drooling included. Bed-hogging included.
12. Jonathan’s awesome teachers and class. Since I am working right now, it’s so nice to know Jonathan loves his teachers and classmates. There’s a group of 3 boys around his age that he seems to enjoy interacting with.
Jonathan having breakfast with Miles
13. Technology. This week I was able to chat with my dad for about an hour on the phone without crazy long distance charges and video call my mom so she could hang out with Jonathan a little bit. I’m so thankful to be a parent in this time where Jonathan can see his family on a regular basis via technology.
14. Photography clients who plan to have me take photos again. Repeat customers and appreciation for my work are pretty awesome.
15. Amazing friends who will watch our boy with little notice. It’s hard as a parent to leave your little one with just anybody, which is why I feel especially blessed to have a few people who we know will love and care for Jonathan as if he were their own.
16. My amazing Moore family for offering us lodging for our Florida trip and undoubtedly loving on us a ridiculous amount while we are there. We can’t wait to see you!
17. Homemade cookie ice cream sandwiches. I literally dreamt about these prior to trying two store-bought kinds and ultimately deciding to make my own to get satisfaction. (No, I’m not pregnant.)
18. Having enough people in the house when I make sweets to eat some so that I don’t eat them all. I love baking but should not eat all of the goods produced.
19. The smell of rain.
20. Cousins. It’s so fun to go through the different seasons of life with people you’ve known and loved for your entire life. Tori and I have been bonding like crazy through her pregnancy and I’m loving every second of it.