You may or may not have noticed that I didn’t post a Thankful Thursdays last week. To be honest, we had arrived in Nashville at 2am that day and I was just thankful to have arrived, be done with a 19 hour drive and spend a day in the sun. So, with two weeks worth of thankfulness to cover, here we go!
Over the last two weeks I’ve been thankful for:
1. Being utterly spoiled by my kids and their parents during Teacher Appreciation Week (and I don’t even teach!)
2. The opportunity to say thank you to the parents who help us so much during the year by making them breakfast
4. Watching “42” and being so happy that I’ve grown up in a world where there wasn’t a separate restroom, viewing area, water fountain, etc. for white & black people
5. In relation to the last, that I’ve grown up with such diversity in my life, first on or around Air Force bases and then living in the east Bay Area where I always had opportunity to learn from and enjoy other cultures
6. Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream. Sometimes you just need a little.
7. That even though our Rockies game against the Braves was snowed out, we can trade our tickets for another game
8. That we actually left almost on time for our road trip to Nashville
9. That Mack was a very good boy on the long car ride
10. I got to see the Gateway Arch in St. Louis while we drove through town, which I’ve always wanted to do
11. Quality time with my Rabon family and Brittany
12. That everyone safely, albeit very wetly, finished the Country Music Half Marathon
13. The gorgeousness that is Tennessee in Spring
14. Brick buildings (make the South awesome)
15. Visiting Joe Natural’s, a great little restaurant serving organic, homemade and hand raised food. What a cool little place to eat at, especially while reading all about eating this way.
16. A dark horse Mexican train domino victory
17. The lifelong friendship of two of my favorite guys
18. The start of Young Guns softball and getting to see the awesome Young Guns wives again
19. Starting to run again
20. Stephen making me dinner tonight!