So I missed a week… but I’m actually posting this on a Thursday, so that cancels each other out, right? Good, I’m glad you agree.
There’s a saying:
In this case it’s more like the days are long but the weeks/months/years are short. Time seems to be flying by, though the days seem to be long. I’m still working part-time, so by the time we get home from work and do a few things around the house, do my Bible study, work out and make dinner, it’s hard to remember to write much.
So basically what I’m saying is doing this weekly is hard. I’m going to try, but if I miss a week, I’m not going to worry about it. I’m not any less thankful, I just probably want to cuddle up with my boys, watch some Parks & Recreation and then get a good night’s sleep.
Rant aside, these last two weeks I’ve been thankful for:
1. The birthdays of three people who I love very dearly: my nephew, Jack (2/22), my sister, Nikki (2/23) and my nephew, Slade (3/4). I wish they didn’t live so far so that we could celebrate them in person but such is this whole living in Colorado thing.
2. The sweetest baby in the whole world stood up and took his first steps! I was so proud and happy and couldn’t contain myself. He’s growing entirely too fast but I just love watching him learn and grow.
3. Starting another Kelly Minter Bible study on 1, 2 & 3 John. Her study on Ruth was amazing after we lost our first baby, so I’m really looking forward to the rest of this one!
4. Some super fun family game nights with Stephen, Matt, Dan and Joanna. Game nights are great because we don’t do them that often but then when we do I always wonder why we don’t do them more.
5. Booking flights and making travel arrangements to go to Florida and Tennessee in April. Stephen’s cousin Jeff’s wedding + our 5 year wedding anniversary + seeing my Moore family + Rabon family time + beach time. YES.
6. The Scholastic Book Fair at work – one of my favorite times of the year. And Jonathan loved getting to meet Clifford (and totally photobombed all the other kids’ pictures with Clifford because he didn’t want to leave Clifford’s side)
7. A safe and successful Crossfit Open workout 15.1 & 15.1a for all the Rabon boys. Everyone set a new clean & jerk PR.
8. Winning $30 in our impromptu Oscars party pool. We got a lot of snow that night and were unable to make it up to Kevin & Brittany’s party so we rallied the family to do or own little party with appetizers, betting and lots of having no idea what most of the movies were about.
9. A new workout program: Jamie Eason’s Post-Pregnancy Trainer. I’m on Day 11 today and it’s been challenging, but good. I still don’t have a natural inclination to work out, but hopefully one day – ha!
10. My dad’s safe travel to and from Colombia to see Marcela. And a favorable report in Patty’s cancer treatment.
11. Jonathan and Slade have both been sick and both seem to be on the upswing. Hopefully Jonathan will finally beat this ear infection so that he can be back to normal!
12. Eight tiny, perfect baby teeth.