Even though we are finding out what Baby Rabon #2 is (next week!), I thought it’d be fun to see what the Old Wives would think that the baby is going to be. I did this with Jonathan here, so I thought it would be fun to do for our new little one! I took out any that required an assistant or doing something weird.
- Carrying High (Girl)/ Carrying Low (Boy): My mom says kinda high so Girl
- Carrying in Front (Boy)/ Expanding Horizontally (Girl): Boy
- Girls Steal Your Beauty (acne, skin blemishes): More acne than I had with J, though not terrible. Skin is kind of uneven. I’ll give this one to Girl?
- Heartbeat below 140 bpm (boy) or above 140 bpm (girl): Girl
- Craving sweets (girl) & Craving salty/sour (boy): Well I always crave salty because salt is life, but this pregnancy I’ve definitely had needs for gummy bears/worms, chocolate croissants, fruit dipped in whipped cream, and other sweet things I don’t normally want: Girl
- Chinese Gender Predictor (age at conception and the month you conceived): Girl
- Mayan Gender Predictor ( age at conception and the year your baby was conceived. If both are even or odd, it’s a girl. If one is even and one is odd, it’s a boy!): Girl
- Husband gains sympathy weight – it’s a girl: My husband CrossFits. Moot point.
- Morning sickness = girl, little to no sickness = boy: More nausea than with J, but still not a lot: Boy
- Craving citrus (girl): Boy
- The eye test is when a V or branches appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye. If you see a V or branches in the white part, you’re having a girl: Girl
- If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy: Girl
- Hold a pendant over your hand. If the necklace swings back and forth, you’re having a boy. If it is more of a circular motion, then it’s a girl.: Girl
- Are you getting heartburn? Then it’s more likely you’re going to have a girl and she’s going to have lots of hair. Girl
- First Word Test: If your youngest child’s first word was “Mom” then you’re having a girl. If their first word was “Dad” – it’s a boy.: Boy
- Dream of Sex of Baby: If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having. Boy
- What Do You Think? 71% of the time, the mom-to-be knows what she is having. Girl
- Baby Names: It is said that when you can only think of specific names for a boy or a girl, you will have that particular baby. Girl
- Ring Test: To predict the gender of your baby, tie your wedding ring to a string, and hang it above your pregnant belly. If it swings in a circle, you’re having a boy. If it swings back and forth, get ready for a girl: Girl
- How is your mood? If you’re happy or mellow, expect a boy. If you’re moody, it’s a girl. Boy
- Old wives say that if your belly looks like a basketball then you have a boy in your belly. But if it’s more of a watermelon shape, then prepare for a girl. Boy
Tallies at this point:
Well, it looks like the old wives are heavily in favor of Baby #2 being a girl! But, of course, as I was collecting these methods on the internet, some of the tests contradicted themselves depending on which site I was visiting (Chinese gender: some base on lunar calendar, some don’t, so I chose the one where I entered my exact birthday & due date, the ring test was different on a few sites, etc). We have our ultrasound on Monday, so assuming that we have a cooperative baby, we should know then and then we’ll let you guys know at some point that day probably 😉
I’d love to hear from you all how right or how wrong these “gender predictors” were for you with your little ones!
4 thoughts on “Testing the Old Wives, Part 2”
There is also the “ask the sister” test and that comes out as GIRL!!!
Hahaha well we all know what you want!! 🙂
Mine was super wrong, but I was also dying slowly so did I really care? No. For the record, I think it’s a girl. A long time ago I had a dream that you were pregnant and Jonathan was a little older and you had a little girl named Hannah. So feel free to veto the name, but I think girl 🙂
Hannah was on our short list (of two names, haha) if Jonathan had been a girl!